This indulgent summer treat is perfect for a post-brunch kick-back on the back porch. Or nurse a chilled glass of it while making some late-night homemade tapas. Either way, Join Jules whipped up an exquisite sipper that brings together tropical sweetness, beachside smokiness and a zip of citrus tang.
From the peaty notes of the smoked monkfruit syrup to the thick mango flavor, this cocktail complements our Reposado’s elegant structure and spiced finish. For those who don’t have a smoker handy to make the smoked monkfruit syrup, replace with a simple jalapeño syrup for that layered kick.
But the one ingredient you can’t replace is our Reposado tequila expression. With a sophisticated aged character and a fine vanilla farewell, El Mayor® Reposado Tequila is the complex base that rounds out the Smokey Mango Cocktail.
Get El Mayor Tequila sent to your door by ordering online here.
Smoked Monkfruit Syrup Ingredients:
- 2 c. Monkfruit Granulated Sugar
- 2 c. Water
- Wood Pellets
Smoked Monkfruit Syrup Directions:
- Preheat a smoker to 180°F.
- Pour water and sugar into a roasting pan and stir until combined.
- Smoke for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When finished, transfer to a jar and allow to cool.
- 1 ½ oz. El Mayor® Reposado Tequila
- ¾ oz. Smoked Monkfruit Simple Syrup
- ¾ oz. Lime Juice
- ½ oz. Mango Puree
- Lime Wheels
- Seltzer Water
- Chile Lime Salt
- In a shaker add tequila, simple syrup, lime juice, mango puree and mint.
- Muddle mint, add ice and shake.
- Rim glass with chile lime salt and add ice.
- Double strain into the rimmed glass.
- Top with desired seltzer water.
- Garnish with mint and lime wheel.