Created By: Join Jules
- 1½ oz. El Mayor® Reposado Tequila
- 3 oz. Horchata*
- ½ oz. Maple Syrup
- ¾ oz. Coffee Liqueur
- Cinnamon, for Garnish
- Cinnamon Stick and Star Anise, for Garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker add horchata, tequila, maple syrup and coffee liqueur.
2. Add ice and shake.
3. Shake for 30 seconds and strain into final glass.
4. Top with cinnamon and garnish.
Homemade Horchata Ingredients:
1 C. Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
2½ C. Hot Water
2 Cinnamon Sticks
2 C. Almond Milk
½ C. Maple Syrup
Homemade Horchata Instructions:
1. In a pitcher, add rice, water, and cinnamon sticks.
2. Soak at room temperature for at least 2 hours or soak with room temperature water for at least 8 hours.
3. Once soaked, add to a blender and blend until cream.
4. In a final pitcher strain the rice mixture.
5. Add maple syrup and milk, stir to combine.
6. Chill & stir before serving.