Blood Orange, Basil & Jalapeño Margarita
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2-3 Jalapeños, roughly chopped, stems removed
- 3 Bunches Basil, clapped between the hands.
- 2 oz. El Mayor® Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz. Orange liquer
- 1 oz. Jalapeño Basil Simple Syrup
- 2 oz. (Freshly Squeezed) Blood Orange Juice
- 1 oz. (Freshly Squeezed) Lime Juice
- 3 Sprigs Basil, stems removed
- 1 Cup Ice
- Basil (to garnish)
- Blood Orange Slice (to garnish)
JALAPENO BASIL SIMPLE SYRUP:
Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once the sugar dissolves, stir and remove from heat. Steep for 30 minutes, then strain into a sterilized glass jar with a lid. Cool before using.
BLOOD ORANGE JALAPENO & BASIL MARGARITA:
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker except the garnishes.
Shake vigorously until well-chilled (about 20 seconds).
Fill 2 cups with ice, then strain the mixture on top.
Garnish with blood orange slices and basil (optional).