Fall is here. We’re lacing up our boots, donning our sweaters and heading to the orchard for some old-fashioned apple-picking.
But what to do with all those juicy apples you bring home? You could bake some all-American apple pies, whip up some cinnamon-spice applesauce or break out the crock pot and make some homemade apple cider.
Or, if you’re like us, you’ll do all of that and more. Like kicking that homemade apple cider up a notch with The Cookie Rookie’s Apple Cider Margarita.
Maple-laced and spiked with our autumn-crisp blanco tequila, this cozy cocktail is a perfect sipper to celebrate the flavors of fall and all the homey goodness that comes with it.
But, as The Cookie Rookie says, what makes this drink are its quality ingredients. Check the freshness of your cinnamon by rubbing a little between your fingers – it should release a strong aroma. Use the best maple syrup you can find – we recommend Vermont-made (grade isn’t an indication of quality, just flavor and harvest time).
And, of course, make sure you have enough of our award-winning blanco on hand. If you’re low, you can order some doorstep delivery through your preferred online carrier here.
- 2 oz. El Mayor® Tequila Blanco
- ½ c. Apple Cider
- ½ oz. Orange Liqueur
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon, Sugar and Maple Syrup, for the Rim
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar. Dip the rim of your glass in maple syrup and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Mix together the apple cider, tequila, Cointreau or triple sec, lime juice and maple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add a bit of ice.
- Shake to combine, then strain into your rimmed glass.
See more from The Cookie Rookie.